New Student Orientation
An overview of the program is delivered during an initial discussion with the Director of Graduate Studies of the program.
Students are expected to read the information in the following links:
- Mutual Roles and Responsibilities for Faculty and Graduate Students: Guidelines
- Board of Regents Policy: Code of Conduct
Orientation-related information regarding University services and opportunities will be available to incoming graduate students via their myU Portal account. The myU Portal provides students with the opportunity to initiate their own orientation experience upon their admission to the graduate program. When they access their account, they will be guided to checklists of things to do before and after arrival on campus, with links to in-depth information about each item.
Checklists for students may include:
- Reminders regarding program-specific orientations
- Important health and wellness information
- Housing options
- Employment options
- Information specifically for international students
- Additional university resources.